Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Just recently my HP1209 All-in-One printer was printing very slowly, as described where it would take 10-15 seconds between printhead moves.   

Although i was not getting a low-ink indicator message, i checked the ink levels and the black was very low, it was replaced with a new  HP Inkjet print cartridge and print speed was resolved and became normal again.

HP Recommended

I'm trying to see why my printer is so slow. I see your responses below but I am not at all technical..

What is a swath, how do I print in reserve mode? is cartridge an ink cartridge or something else in the printer?

Thanks

HP Recommended

@trunk wrote:

I'm trying to see why my printer is so slow. I see your responses below but I am not at all technical..

What is a swath, how do I print in reserve mode? is cartridge an ink cartridge or something else in the printer?

Thanks

A swath is the printhead moving across the page.  Reserve mode is possible on most recent printers that have a two ink cartridges, one for black and another that is tri-color.  When one of the ink cartridges is removed the printer will automatically switch to reserve mode and print with the remaining cartridge.

What is your printer model?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hello i have a big problem with my printer. the actual printing process is normal. what i have trouble with is that when i click the print button on the file. it takes a long time for the printer to receive it and start the printing process. it takes like a minute or even more some times, i have another printer the same as mine and it does not have that problem i print the same file on both and the first one takes a long time and the other one takes like 2 sec. i have a HP Color LaserJet CP2025 please help....

HP Recommended

I have an HP Officejet 6500A Plus and it is getting VERY frustrating!  It prints the page, then holds the page for about 5 minutes before moving on to the next page.  It sometimes even prints 50% of the page and stops for a few minutes before finishing.  There is a MASSIVE gap between the pages printed.  I have this set up USB not networked and have reinstalled it twice.  After reading this forum, I went out and bought ALL NEW printer ink for all 4 colors and replaced them one by one after testing.  I've also cleaned everything out with compressed air.  So now that I've just wasted 100 dollar on ink, it still isn't working!  I work from home and this printer is used daily for presentations exceeding 50 pages.  I need a solution otherwise I'm going to have to explain why I need to expense a new printer and I don't see that conversation going well.  Please help!

HP Recommended

I have a Officejet 6500 E710n-z

HP Recommended

I have a HP Deskjet F2200 All-in-One series printer that suddenly started printing slowly.  It's attatched to my compaq computer. It prints a line, then it takes about 10 or 15 seconds for it to start printing another line. Then is stops again. As a whole, it takes about 5 to 10 minutes just for one page to come through. I changed it to fast draft printing, and for a while, it printing quickly, but now it's slow again, even though it's on fast draft. I did a cleaning where I have the rollers cleaned through the printer software. I even unistalled and re-enstalled the printer software a few times. What else can I do?

Right now, it's printing with black ink, that's a little low, but before it's printed fine with one ink filled. The other carteridge is in there for color, but is empty. I don't want to risk buying more ink in it if I have to purchase a brand new printer.

HP Recommended

This is caused by the failure of one of your cartridges.  Remove the black cartridge and print a test page.  Does the printer print at normal speed?  Is so the black cartridge was the issue and should be replaced.  If not then put the black cartridge back in and remove the color cartridge and print test page.  If the printer now prints normal speed the color cartridge was at fault and needs to be replaced.  

Since the color cartridge is low on ink it is the likely suspect.  You may be able to just remove the offending cartridge and ignore the warnings.  The printer will likely not copy with one cartridge removed.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I have a HP Deskjet Ink Advant K209a-z. I've just recently changed my  ink cartridge coz the ink indicator is showing low and the last time i use the printer was a failure due to low ink. I decided to buy a new pair of ink ,colored and black, same model with my previous cartridge hp 703. Actually, this is my second time to install my ink cartridge, the first time was successfull. but this time it just didn't work. my printer is printing very slow and i only click one page but it prints more than 1. it took 10 mins. to print just one page. I already followed all the instructions like scan a page for best alignment, setting in fast draft and checking the ink level on the printer. I only use my printer rarely like once a week, and it was working perfectly before, but right now i'm having a problem.

I badly needed my printer right now and i need help

thanks.

HP Recommended

@airnet wrote:

I have a HP Deskjet Ink Advant K209a-z. I've just recently changed my  ink cartridge coz the ink indicator is showing low and the last time i use the printer was a failure due to low ink. I decided to buy a new pair of ink ,colored and black, same model with my previous cartridge hp 703. Actually, this is my second time to install my ink cartridge, the first time was successfull. but this time it just didn't work. my printer is printing very slow and i only click one page but it prints more than 1. it took 10 mins. to print just one page. I already followed all the instructions like scan a page for best alignment, setting in fast draft and checking the ink level on the printer. I only use my printer rarely like once a week, and it was working perfectly before, but right now i'm having a problem.

I badly needed my printer right now and i need help 

thanks

See here http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/My-Printer-is-printing-very-slow/m-p/104929#M7...

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.