cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
VGH
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My device will not scan despite it being recognised in the network as a scanner and printer

HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro MFP M127fn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since upgrading to windows 10 recently my device stopped scanning. With the HP Print and SCAN doctor the process gets stuck at the WIA step and it states that the Scan process was stopped by the User. I have tried the usual stuff posted on the Forum including uninstalling and re-installing drivers.Can you please help me? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,736 25,616 1,414 1,485
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@VGH

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP LaserJet M127fn printer. I understand that you are unable to scan and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

• Uninstall and reinstall the printer software again.
  • Check Windows Image Acquisition settings.
  • Temporarily disable firewall software on the computer.

Click here and follow the document to perform the above mentioned steps.

(Note: Though the title of the document is different, these steps should fix the issue)

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation