Resolve Windows 10 related issues for your HP computers or printers by HP Windows 10 Support Center
The printer downloaded an update and installed it, but now it is printing documents/pictures with the printed side down and the ink smears.
Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!
I understand your printer is printing documents/pictures with the printed side down with ink smears.
Don't worry I'd like to help you out.
Did you make any changes to your printer?
It looks like a driver issue, please uninstall the printer driver from root level on your PC and install the latest printer driver and check if it helps.
1. Navigate to Start >Type Devices and Printers in the Search > Select it from the results
2. Highlight your printer object and Right Click
3. Choose Remove Device
4. Highlight something else from the list
5. Click the Print Server Properties button from the toolbar
6. Select the Drivers Tab
7. Highlight the appropriate print driver
8. Click Remove
9. Check the Remove Driver and Driver Package option when prompted
10. Click OK
Update the printer drivers using this link.
Let me know if this works!
Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂
A4Apollo I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community