Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

As subject says my printer is skipping lines when i try to print document from my pc, but coppying documents while printer is not connected to pc works perfect so i would appreciate your help in solving my problem.

P.S. I tried alligning couple times but it doesnt make any effect whatsoever, I am using hp Deskjet 2050 J510 Series

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This isn't usually a symptom of software or programs.  If the ink levels are not accurate in the printer's software it still would not affect the quality of what is printing out (technology is unpredictable sometimes however).  

Try a hard reset on the printer while it is still on and shut down the computer.  When everything powers back on, do a test print.  If it still is only printing every other line, follow the document below starting with Solution Four.  Solution Six tells you how to print a test page that will give a more accurate account of the ink levels.  Once that prints, please tell me what it displays as ink levels and if it shows any other signs of defects.

--Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues--

If none of the suggestions shows any improvement, how long is the USB cord and how old is it?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Regarding print-outs skipping every other line:

1.  What is the operating system of the computer you are using (ex. Windows 7 64-bit, Vista 32-bit, Mac OS, etc)?

2.  How is the computer connected to the Deskjet (USB or wireless)?

3.  Does this happen when you print anything from your computer (internet, Word, photos, etc) or is this isolated to a specific program (Word 2010, Notepad, etc)?

4.  What are your ink levels?

Answer those questions for me please and I will be happy to assist you with this.  My first thought is this sounds like a problem with a USB cord and I suggest trying a different, shorter one if this is a technical issue.  Otherwise, I recommend checking your ink levels and changing any that are low.  I hope this helps!

HP Recommended

I am using windoes 7, printer is connected with printer via USB cable, it skipps lines regardless of file type (but it copies great when not connected to PC), and about the ink levels i have bug on my pc it says they are empty but they are full coz i i filled cartridges 2 days ago and tried to copy which worked perfect). My guess is that it has something to do with  your hp pc program or USB coz when its not connected to  PC it copies fine. And yes i tried aligning and cleaning but it didnt work

HP Recommended

This isn't usually a symptom of software or programs.  If the ink levels are not accurate in the printer's software it still would not affect the quality of what is printing out (technology is unpredictable sometimes however).  

Try a hard reset on the printer while it is still on and shut down the computer.  When everything powers back on, do a test print.  If it still is only printing every other line, follow the document below starting with Solution Four.  Solution Six tells you how to print a test page that will give a more accurate account of the ink levels.  Once that prints, please tell me what it displays as ink levels and if it shows any other signs of defects.

--Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues--

If none of the suggestions shows any improvement, how long is the USB cord and how old is it?

HP Recommended

Ok that thing with the reset worked but i have different bug now its only when i print word document it skipps exactly every second line but that line that is printed is perfect and printing pics works. and converting word document into pdf works but it skipps a line near to the end

HP Recommended

I am happy part of your problems are solved! So, Word is the only software you are having problems with now?  When you go to print in Word (I use Office 2010), under the printer name is Printer Properties, select that and under the Paper/Quality tab, select to print in Plain Paper Fast Draft Quality.  If that doesn't fix it, choose Plain Paper Best Quality and do a test print.  Let me know if that fixes it for you.  

HP Recommended

Thanks for help printing in plane paper best quality worked i am so happy right now, Thanks very much

HP Recommended

You are very welcome! I am glad that fixed it for you finally. :catvery-happy: Thank you for coming back to the forums to let me know.  Happy Printing!!

HP Recommended

When I print from any source my printer skips (black)  printing. 

I am using window Vitsa.

please help. thanks

HP Recommended

What kind of printer do you have?  Check the ink levels and if they are good, use the printhead cleaning utility within the printer.

--Banding, Streaks, or Lines in the Printout--

Click the link above for a complete list of troubleshooting steps.  If that doesn't help, I will need to know the model of printer you are having problems with please.

Happy to help!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.