Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 200 Color MFP M276
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi,

My printer "HP LaserJet 200 Color MFP M276 PCL6" is giving me an error message althought it was working 2 minutes before giving me that message. One of my collegues was installing the printer on his computer and after finishing, the printer stopped working on my computer.

What could have happened ? and what should I do?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

In order to get meaningful replies, you need to provide more information; for example:

• What is the exact text of the error message?
  • How is the printer connected to your PC? USB or network?

... and (since this is a LaserJet printer) you should really have posted the question on the LaserJet board rather than the Inkjet board.

HP Recommended

- The status of the printer is "Error".

- Network

And thanks for the  info. I have never used this website before. I was searching on google for an answer and I found my self in this forum so I signed up and posted my question.

Thanks

HP Recommended

>> ... The status of the printer is "Error" ...

I assume that this is reported on the PC, rather than on the printer itself.

Not a very informative error message, unfortunately.

It possibly means that the PC is (now) unable to communicate with the printer.

Has your other user changed anything on the printer (the IP-address, for example), or changed its connection (changed/removed the cable?).

Captureb.PNG

Can you 'ping' the printer via its IP- address?

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

I just printed a report from the printer it says that the IP Adress is : 192.168.223.1 while it is different on my computer

How can change the IP address on my computer? Should I re-install the printer? Is there an easier solution?

Thanks!

Printer.jpg

HP Recommended

You need to do several things:

• Check that you can 'ping'  the 'new' address (you might not be able to, as it may be on a different subnet (look up 'Subnetwork' on Wikipedia).

• Find out why the address has been changed; it may just be that the printer has been set up to obtain its address via a (different?) DHCP server, which means that the address will change periodically - not ideal; better to use a static IP-address (within the 'excluded' range of your router/switch), which should be the same for all users (the printer can only have one address at any time); but it will probably need to be on the same subnet as your PC.

• Once you've got answers to those questions, you can probably just use the Configure Port button to enter a dialogue where you can change the IP-address that your PC associates with the printer; but this may depend on whether or not you're an administrator user, and on security policies which may be in force - not something I can advise on , sorry.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.