cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pookoz
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My printer will not connect to laptop or phone

HP Recommended
HP Envy 5660
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I have unistalled and reinstalled software, but my computer continues to say it cannot connect to printer.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 488 953
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @pookoz

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are able to configure the printer on your MAC computer or iPhone. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own?

If the printer connected to your wireless network?

Are you able to make a copy on the printer?

May I know the method you are using to configure the printer on your iPhone? Click here to know the mobile printing solutions available. 

Are you using a dual band router?

Note: HP Printers do not work or connect to 5Ghz networks. If you are using a dual band router, please give different names to 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz networks and connect the printer to the 2.4Ghz network. 

Request you make sure the computer and the printer are connected to the same network (2.4Ghz)

If not, run the wireless setup wizard on the printer to connect the printer to your wireless network. Click here for assistance. 

For assistance in find the password for your network, please click here

Once the printer is connected the wireless network. 

If you have already tried to install the printer on your computer, please follow the procedure mentioned in this HP Article to uninstall it. 

Once it is uninstalled, reset the printing system on your computer. Click here

Restart your MAC computer after uninstall and reset of the printing system is done. 

Then add the printer from System preferences - printers and scanners.

Else download the full feature software for your printer from this link

For wifi direct printing, please refer to this HP Article

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation