Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet 8630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have installed and uniinstalled the software for my HP8630 printer 3 times.  When I try to print from my website and database I keep getting the message that says it is not attached to a printer.  I can't even print to a pdf file.  The actual message says:  "We couldn't reach this printer.  Make sure printer is on and you are connected to the printer's network or try different printer."  I never had this problem in the past.  However the only thing different is that it stopped printing after a Windows 10 upgrade.  I am wondering if it is a driver problem or if there is something wrong with the spooler.  Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The antivirus software that caused this problem was AVG.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Running the diagnostics at http://www.hp.com/go/tools may help resolve the issue.  Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I have already done this about 4 or 5 times.  I have no resolve.  Thanks for your tip, though.

HP Recommended

How is the printer connected - USB, wired LAN, Wireless LAN? If wirelesss find the printer's IP address - touch the wireless symbol on the front panel which will show the IP address.  Put this address into your browser - does it give an error or does it open the printer's Embedded Web Server?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for replying to my problem.  The problem was actually caused by a blockage from my anti-virus protection.  Once I figured this out, I was able to remove the block and am now able to print. 

Again, thanks for your help!  I really do appreciate that there are folks out there wanting to help!  Have a great day.

HP Recommended

Which Anti-Virus program caused the issue?  

Please mention the name, then mark your answer as "accept as solution", it will help others with a similar issue find the answer.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

The antivirus software that caused this problem was AVG.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.