cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
talkanderson
Level 1
10 8 0 2
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

NOT SOLVED - Border printing problem

Disregard the thread that claims this is fixed -- it is NOT.

Same problem with a brand spanking new Office Jet 6500. This is NOT a problem with Word. This is NOT an application problem. This is an HP problem because it is their driver that tells the application the size of the paper and the margins. The application sends all the data to the printer and the PRINTER is not rasterizing it correctly. I NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH MY OLD LEXMARK OR WITH A NEW CANON.

My daughter had points taken off for an "incomplete sentence" when in fact her sentence was perfectly fine. I had to explain to the teacher that our HP printer has a bug and that we will try to not let this happen again.

HP PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM SO OTHER CHILDREN DON'T GET PENALIZED IN SCHOOL FOR Y-O-U-R MISTAKES!!!!!!!!!

Don't pawn this off on the application because it is YOUR application.

My wife prints accounting reports for fund raisers and children's account are being left off. This is UNACCEPTABLE because this is a LEGAL hardcopy of an accounting record and your printers are the ONLY ONES WITH THIS PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!

If you can't tell, I'm a bit ticked off once I found out that this can affect my child's grade in school.  

2 REPLIES 2
talkanderson
Level 1
10 8 0 2
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bump this message.

Clipped output on various printer (e.g., Officejet 6500) is a major flaw with HP drivers.

It baffles the mind to think that HP won't fix this problem. I have twice been told that I would be contacted by a supervisor within 48hr or 24hr and both times never received any contact.

Workarounds are NOT solutions because it requires the average person to spend countless hours looking for a solution or printing and re-printing documents. It looks like the workaround is simply a way to waste ink so you can buy more from HP.

FWIW, I am a software developer and actually write code to generate precision prints/plots and recent HP products routinely clip the bottom of the page.

0 Kudos
48swnsn
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a HP4680 with the same problem. I did this and it worked!  Go to Printers, Right click on Printer, choose Printer Preferences,  Advanced Tab,  in Printer Folder turn on Minimize Margins.  You go from 17 to 3.3 on your margins.  Good Luck.

newbee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation