Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Top Student
Message 1 of 1 (500 Views)

Need compatible software to get PSC 2355 to work on new 64-bit Win7 computer

I tried a search for old topics that might help, but I was getting wildly unhelpful results, so I'm sorry if this is a repeat problem.

I own an all-in-one PSC 2355 which was purchased for my previous computer/laptop several years ago, which were both Win XP systems. Over the past year both computers have died, so I bought a new machine that runs a 64-bit version of Windows 7.

Plugging in the printer without installing the software or driver disks, I was able to print just fine. However, I really need to use the scanner from time to time, which I cannot do easily without the appropriate HP software. I tried installing the old software CD, but of course, it is incompatible with my new machine.

I tried Win7's compatibility feature, but that didn't work (I didn't really expect it to for a printer's software). I then tried going into HP's support to see if I could find a free software download that would be compatible with both printer and computer, and I'm afraid that the support page was thoroughly unhelpful.

I cannot afford to buy a new printer, nor would I want to since this one is working fine, but I do need the scanner software. I'm also missing maintaince features such as checking ink levels, requesting a test page, cleaning the ink heads, etc.

Is there software I could get for free to solve my problem? Or any other solution?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation