cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
paul0606
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Need driver for photosmart for windows 10

HP Recommended
photosmart 7960
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This printer is on HP's retired list. There must be a way to get a driver for Windows 10. Need help

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
JeanJAB
Level 8
Level 8
1,049 1,049 66 84
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Paul0606,

There is not a full-featured driver to download for the Photosmart 7960.  There is a built-in driver in Windows 10.

You may find this document helpful http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01796879

You can print to your Photosmart 7960.

Jean

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
paul0606
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you. Unfortunely it did not work. I followed the directions. At first it said " Youve successively added HP Photosmart 7960. Then it suggested that I print a test page. It was then when my computer said that my printer was in error mode (whatever that is). I think the USB is reconized asa I am getting windows on the computer saying there was an error in printing.

0 Kudos
JeanJAB
Level 8
Level 8
1,049 1,049 66 84
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

I think it would be helpful for you to try HP Print and Scan doctor.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03286146

Click on the link at the top of this document to run this diagnostic utility.

It will first check to see if it can find your printer on your network. 

It will check for any error states and give you feedback to correct them. 

It will also help guide you to the correct driver or verify that you have the Photosmart 7960 installed. 

I hope this helps!
Jean

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation