cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
grmoore
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Need help with hp photosmart C5250 printer

Printer keeps saying no paper in tray, when there is some in it. Have turn it on and offf removed usb cable to drain any static charges,removed and replaced paper several times. It is photo paper and yes glossy side is down. Paper taped on desk and inserted right and guide pressed against it. Any ideas?

Thanks Gary Moore

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Beyond1218
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It might be caused by the media pickup failure,  you may take a look at if the printer has the action of picking the media in the media tray, if yes, then you got to check if the media try adjuster was set too tight which hold back the media picking.

if the the printer doesn't have any pick up activities, then u should contact the service center.

0 Kudos
Robswife
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my c5250 printer saying "out of paper" when there is paper in the tray.  I am not having any media pick up issues and when I called HP for technical support, they said I was out of warranty and the printer was just purchased 9 months ago.  Does anyone have any troubleshooting advice?  I would hate to pay someone to fix this if it is just something simple.  I would appreciate any help!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation