Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 5660
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP Envy 5660 support expired.  Get message that software only partially installed.  Insert Disk included with purchase.

Have tried to download software without luck.  I think I either have to acquire a 5660 Disk or replace the printer.

Help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

All on the HP support site.

Type:

Driver-Product Installation Software

Version:

Operating systems:

Windows 7 (64-bit)

Release date:

Feb 17, 2017

File name:

Description:

The full solution software includes everything you need to install and use your HP printer. This collection of software includes the complete set of drivers, installer and optional software.

Fix and enhancements:

Original Software/Drivers
HP Recommended

Thanks.  I downloaded the file, but installation hangs up with error messate "Can not find Key: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER32_\software\microsoft\internet\Explorer\main\featureControl\Feature_Browser_Emulation

Also, when I tried Installer Wizzard, could not locate printer via USB but did find it via my local network.  However, when I click NEXT, it takes me back in an endless loop to Discover .

I wonder if the Browser_Emulator would be downloaded if I reinstall Explorer.

Computer can print wirelessly to 5660 and 5660 can scan to the computer.  Copy will not work because there is no way I can change the printer settings from Main Tray 4x6 photo.  I get a blank sheet of paper and an error message about paper size.

HP Recommended

I found Feature_Browser_Emulation.realplay.exe in my registry.  Why cant Installation of Envy 5660 find it?

I need help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.