cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Tom-in-Edmonds
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Need to enable scanning option for the HP Officejet Pro 8625 with a MAC laptop.

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8625

When I press the Scan/Scan to Computer icons on the 8625, I get this error message: "MAC OS X: HP Scan Software is required for this feature. If installed, open HP Utility. Under Scan Settings, select Scan to Computer, and ensure that Enable Scan to Computer is selected."

I am not sure if 1) HP Scan Software is installed on my computer and 2) if not, how to get it installed.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Aardvark1
Retired
Retired
3,446 3,272 246 419
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that you would like to know how to tell if the HP software for your printer is installed on your Mac and if it is not, how to find and download. I would like to help. 

To check if the software is installed: 
At the Apple Icon at top left>About this Mac.
Then click on More Info>Software>Applications.

You can find your printers software with the following link. 

If you have any questions or need additional assistance let me know. 
If this answers your questions please click Accepted Solution so that other people with the same issue can find this answer easier. If you wish to say thanks feel free to click Kudos. 

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation