cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Need to make Tray 2 the default on Laserjet 300 color mfp

HP Recommended

I have installed a new laserjet 300 color mfp in our office and added an optional tray 3.  We added tray 3 to only use for printing 8 1/2 x 11 job tickets on letter size labels.  The idea is to make tray 2 the default tray and always have plain letter size paper loaded in it for all regular paper printing.  Tray 3 is to be used ONLY when a job ticket is printed in MS Access which has the report setup to go to tray 3.  I am constantly running into the situation of a user printing a 'normal' job and then the printer pulls expensive label stock from tray 3 and prints on it.  I don't understand apparently how to prevent this from happening?  Can someone tell me a way to force tray 2 to be the default tray to print from UNLESS the application tells the printer to pull from tray 3?  Thank you in advance for any help on this.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 9
3,562 3,538 282 591
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

On the printer (via front panel menus, or Embedded Web Server or Toolbox equivalent), specify which Paper Type (from the limited value set of names available) is present in each tray; also check that the Paper Size in each tray reflects what is prresent (with most Laserjet printers, sensors in the cassette trays automatically detect the size installed).

Then, when issuing a print request, instead of specifying paper source (tray) identifiers, select a combination of Paper Size and Paper Type (via the Print Preferences) to match the printer configuration.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation