cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Shahin_ij Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Network Capabilities are Not Available

Officejet Pro 8600 Plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Sirs,

The Officejet Pro 8600 Plus has been set previously for Wireless Connection. It was mainly used with the USB port.

We tried lately to configure the Wireless connection and we could not.

We got the message: Network Capabilities are Not Available.

We could not move forward.

We tried the factory reset, buit did not work.

I appreciate your help in resolving this isse.

Regards

Ibrahim

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,420 17,221 898 2,528
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

👋 (Hiya!) @Shahin_ij,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I understand you had your printer set up to work wirelessly before and now it can not be configured. I see you are getting a message stating the network capabilities are unavailable. I can certainly help you with your wireless network setup, I ask only that you pay it forward! Once we resolve the issue, I ask that you mark the applicable post as Accept as Solution so that others who may be experiencing the same issue can find the answer. 

At this point I believe the feature has been disabled and to re-enable the wireless you will need to access the Embedded Web Server (EWS). To access the EWS you would need to connect an Ethernet cable from the printer to the router and then get the wired IP address from the printer. On the front screen of the printer, simply go to Settings look for Network, then go to View Network Summary. Here you will find the wired IP address. 

Please open an internet browser on the computer and type the IP address into the address/URL bar. You will now see the printer's EWS. Now you can click on Settings along the top, then under Security click on Administrator settings. In the Administrator settings, please do not click enable all, doing so will lock the Control Panel, simply ensure the Connectivity Network, and Connectivity Wireless are enable.

Again, please mark this post as an Accept as Solution if this helps lead you to a resolution. If however the issue persists, post back and let me know and I will certainly do all I can to help. 

Also, you can thank me by clicking the Thumbs Up below!  Cat Very Happy

Thanks, I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Shahin_ij Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you for your comprehensive response.

I connected the Printer to the Router via the Ethernet Cable. The connection is also disabled. No Network activity was noticed and still the same message:

"Built-in network capabilities have been disabled.

Contact your network administrator or the person

who set up the printer"

I believe the complete Network has been disabled.

I can print using the USB connection.

Thanks and regards

Ibrahim

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,420 17,221 898 2,528
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks for getting back to me @Shahin_ij. I feel that resetting the printer will resolve the issue. I will send you a PM (Private Message), but before I do, feel free to review the HP Privacy Statement.

This Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices and of the choices you can make about the way information about you and your online activity is collected and how that information is used. This statement is readily available on our HP.com home page and at the bottom of every HP web page.

There are an increasing number of posts in this forum and elsewhere in the internet with the steps to do a resets on different printers.  The reset itself will sometimes fix problems, so the reset is not the issue. 

Some resets require you to enter button combinations to open special menus on your printer that you were never meant to access.  These special menus are used by the developers and support personnel for debugging issues, but they are not meant for untrained users and can have unintended results.  One wrong button push and you no could no longer have a printer, but instead a pricey paper weight.  To top it off, if you do happen to "brick" the printer this way, it is considered customer induced damage, and voids the warranty automatically. These resets are only meant to be given out and used as a last resort, and under direct instruction of a HP tech support representative. They should not be done lightly!

Printer Resets: What You Should Know

Please check the little envelope on the top right hand corner of the forums page to check your Forums inbox.

Forums Inbox.jpg

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Shahin_ij Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you very much for your help and support.

The printer is back now operational.

Regards

Ibrahim

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation