cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ryan_Foran
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Network Printing at school

To connect to the network, I need to enter an ID and Password. How do I do this on my Hp B210e printer?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
repolyoman
Level 2
11 11 0 4
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi,

well you need to get the ssid and wep or wap key from your shcool admin then you need to get to the front panel of your printer screen. touch the wireless radio icon to open the wireless menu. look for an option that says wireless setup wizard and touch it. it will look for available networks , select the right network and enter the network passphrase key ( wep ) ... keep me posted .. cheers!!!!!

Ryan_Foran
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for response. I'm not sure I described the problem accurately. When I access my schools network through my PC, I click on IE then I have a page to enter an ID and password before I have access to the web. I think I need to do this on the printer as well, as it does not prompt for a WEP or WPA key for access. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
repolyoman
Level 2
11 11 0 4
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i see so you use a username and a password for you  to go online.... well in that case connecting your printer to your school network is not possible since the printer requires a router to obtain an ip address before it connect to a network. if your computer is wireless capable then you can just do an ad-hoc connection instead ( computer to printer connection via wireless ) . if you need help on that just let me know.. cheers!!!!

Ryan_Foran
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you could assist with the ad-hoc printer setup that would be great!

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
repolyoman
Level 2
11 11 0 4
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

just turn on the wireless radio button of your printer thru the wireless menu icon of your screen. on your computer go to control panel and then network and sharing center .. look available networks.. you should see a network named HPxxxx ( x means your printer name or model ) connect to it .. after that just set it as your default printer and it should it work ... keep me posted .. cheers!!!

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation