Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 3630
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I bought a HP DeskJet 3630 from argos, I set it up the same day and it is all working. However i have instaled the ink cartridges (black 302 & colour 302) that came in the box with the product and the printer is only accepting the colour ink. On my laptop the error message reads ' -- -- black. The cartridges listed above are not intended for use in this printer as it is currently configured.' also the cartridge icon for the black ink on the printer is flashing and empty. I've searched everywhere and no one else seems to have had this issue with their startup ink in a brand new printer. Does anyone have any advice or know how to tackle this issue. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I suspect you have a defective Start up cartridge.  You can call HP and they should send you another.  However that will take a few days.  Might be best to take the unit back for a replacement.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.