cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Carlstedtmattia
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

New ENVY 4500 not printing

HP Recommended

I just bought a new Envy 4500 and it simply does not print.  ( I run Windows 7)

The scanning works beautifully, the printer is recognized by the system and set as default printer. The Print Doctor finds nothing, but it simply will not print. When I press "print" in ANY program, the print process of the program itself runs, then the printer que shows up in the taskbar. Only to tell me I have 0 pending jobs.

I tried restartin the print spooler, reinstalling multiple times after removing all kinds of old printer rutines. I have tried clearing the /windows/32/spoolers/printer folder. I am at a loss and has just bought a printer that does not work. Does anyone have a solution?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Waterboy71
Retired
Retired
7,164 7,248 342 890
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Carlstedtmattia,

I see that this is your first time with us here on the HP Forums. Please let me take a moment to say "Welcome".

To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see that you are having some issues when it comes to printing.  To start, please make sure you have the printer power cable connected directly to a wall outlet and not a power bar/strip.  Here is a document that explains the Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector.  The printer listed in the document is a LaserJet printer and it is only used as an example.

Are you using a USB connection to the computer from the printer or Wireless?  I suggest that we uninstall the software and drivers and then reinstall with the use of the HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Drivers.

Please be sure that you do not have any cables connected to the printer that run to the computer while uninstalling and resinstalling the software and drivers. The installation will prompt you as to when to connect any cables.

If you are still haveing issues, please let me know.

I hope you have a great Monday.

Cheers,   Smiley Happy

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Carlstedtmattia
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I use wireless. And I have alreadt tried all that.

0 Kudos
Waterboy71
Retired
Retired
7,164 7,248 342 890
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello again Carlstedtmattia,

Thank you for getting back to me. I do apologize that the troubleshooting steps that I gave you did not resolve the issue.

I suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions, click here: click here.

Thank you for your time.

Have a great day.   :generic:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation