Note on archived topics.
03-04-2015 07:13 PM - edited 03-03-2016 05:29 PM
Looking for help setting up or using HP JetAdvantage On Demand and Private Print? You've come to the right place. We'll be stopping in to read your feedback and respond as often as we can.
Setting up an account for your company or organization
Once you've created an account for your organization at either the URL your HP reseller provided or at this sign-up page, you'll receive an activation email. After you click the activation link in the email, set your password, and accept the Terms of Service, you'll log in and proceed through a tutorial wizard. The wizard is designed to teach you how to enable your compatible HP MFPs and printers for use with HP JetAdvantage On Demand.
HP JetAdvantage Private Print is the first application available on the HP JetAdvantage On Demand platform. There are two steps to deploy Private Print to the users in your organization:
- Enable the HP MFPs and printers in your office
- Click here for a list of supported HP LaserJet and OfficeJet devices (spanning both Enterprise and Pro models).
- Some compatible Enterprise models may require a firmware update. Click here for firmware requirements and links to firmware update packages.
- For Enterprise models, you'll need to enable the "More Apps" button on the device's touchscreen control panel. You can do this by making an adjustment within the device's Embedded Web Server (EWS): Log in to the EWS, click the HP Web Services tab on the top row, select More Apps from the Configuration submenu, and check the Enable More Apps button.
- For Pro models, the HP JetAdvantage On Demand app should automatically be installed the first time you enable Web Services on the device. If you've already enabled Web Services, you can add the app through the HP Connected account associated with the device. You can find instructions on how to do that in this article.
- Video: How to enable HP printers and MFPs
- Want to go through the wizard again? No problem—log in to your account, make sure you're on the Dashboard, and look for the Add button in the Devices widget.
- Don't send your users to the account creation page you used—that's only for setting up your company account. You will create their user accounts for them, which will trigger their activation email. All they need to do is click the link in their activation email, set their password, accept the Terms of Service, and download and install the ePrint + JetAdvantage print driver to their Windows PC or Mac. The wizard will guide them to the driver the first time they log in. (Users to whom you don't give administrative privileges won't see the device enablement stage of the wizard.)
- To create their accounts, sign in to your account and click on the Manage Users tab. You'll see an Add Users dropdown box with choices for Single User (entering user information manually, one at a time) or Import from CSV.
- If your organization uses Active Directory, you can use our Active Directory Upload Service tool to create users. (It's available on the Utilities tab.)
- You can choose whether each user will be an Administrator like you, or a standard end user. One administrator (by default, you) will be the Company Contact in charge of the account. This can be changed on the My Company tab.
- Video: How to add users
- Article: How to import multiple users at once from a .csv file
- Let your users know your organization now uses Private Print! They'll love the ability to print private documents to shared printers, and the convenience of choosing the same print driver every time no matter which printer they want to use. You'll appreciate the savings from fewer unclaimed print jobs, fewer reprinted jobs due to the wrong paper loaded, and reduced need for non-shared printers.
For instructions on how to Private Print from a PC, Mac, or mobile device, read the "How to print with HP JetAdvantage Private Print" post in this forum.
Pro tip #1: You can change the number of days users' documents stay in their Private Print queues before expiring automatically. (The default is three, but you can set it anywhere from one to seven days.) To do this, sign in to your account, and from the Dashboard tab click "View my Private Print queue" in the Private Print queue widget. Next, click the word Settings in the lower left of the screen. Use the arrows to enter a number between one and seven and click Save.
Pro tip #2: In the same settings page as tip #1 above, you'll see a checkbox for Mobile Print Enabled. By default, it's already checked. You can uncheck it to prevent your users from using the HP JetAdvantage On Demand mobile app (Apple iOS or Android) to print their Private Print queue documents to local printers (i.e., printers on the same wireless network as the phone/tablet running the app). They will still be able to use the app to upload documents from their phone/tablet to their Private Print queues.