cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
6 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

New Printer M605 is hesitating between sheets

HP Recommended
LaserJet M605
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

We just purchased our new M605 after our HP 4200 printer finally died (was over 10 years old) last month.  It printed great for a week or so and now it is hesitating when printing.  Some times when you send a print the printer starts its cycle and then stops, then after 5 seconds the first page prints (this is sporatic)  then if it is multiple pages it will stop after first page, then print second page 1 or 2 seconds later.  If there is a 3rd page it takes 10 or more seconds for it to print. 

Also, when I go to my printer device and set up printing preferences changing my ImageREt3600 to 1200x1200 and the paper type to plain paper and I hit apply and then ok to exit.  When I go to print or go back into printing preferences the images is back to ImageREt3600 and paper unspecified. 

I am very disappointed with this printer.  After having my other 4200/4300 printers forever I really thought this would be like them and issue free.  So sad and frustrated right now.  I keep forgetting to check my documents to make sure the pages are all there that I find I am going back to the printer to collect my last sheets multiple times. Smiley Frustrated

Any help with this issue would be great!  Even my IT group is having a hard time trying to fix these issues.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
93 93 4 8
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just found your post and the hesitation you describe is not normal.  There could be a driver conflict which is easily addressable or potentially you have a use case that exposes a processing hang that could drive a firmware roll.

Can you share additional information:

1. What software are you printing from, name and version?

2. What driver are you using (generic driver, descrete PCL6 driver, universal print driver)?

3. What is the firmware version of the M605 you have?

4. How are you connected to the device (wired network, USB)?

Also, if you are willing to share the file, we could work to reproduce your issue and get you a solution.

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation