cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
victoriacrps
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

New printer Easy Start issues

HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8740
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

I've just purchased the officejet pro 8740 and am downloading the new driver software from the HP site as directed in the installation instructions (using windows 7 64 bit).

After some difficulties in actually downloading the initial files, I managed to get to the HP Easy Start installation launcher (the blue box). The Easy start says it's launching the installer and to wait which I have done, the green line continues to show that it's loading, the blue Easy start box disappears and that's it, nothing else happens.

What can I do now? Can someone tell me how to download the latest driver and full installation software without having to launch this easy start or do you have to use Easy start??

this is the most difficult download I've ever had for HP! Is there anyone who can help me please?? 

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
13,327 13,275 1,356 3,522
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.  Try this:

Can you download and install the FULL feature printer software from HP for your operating system:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8740-all-in-one-printer-series/790...

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation