cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Tammy1960
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

New toner, printed alignment page, but can't scan it. Will not print either.

HP Recommended

I just changed by toner, it prompted me to print an alignment page, which I have but then it tells me to put it on the glass and then scan it.  It continues to say scanning but never does and won't allow me to print anything.

I have tried suggestions like unplugging the printer, then removing the toner cartridges, left off for 60 seconds and plugged it back in but still not working.

I've tried turning it off and then unplugging it for several minutes, still will not work.

Any help you can provide me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Dvortex
Retired
Retired
9,855 9,843 924 1,609
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @Tammy1960 – Hope you are well 🙂

Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I understand that you are having trouble aligning the printer after replacing the cartridges. To assist you with the issue, I need to know the following details:

1. What is the product number or model number of your HP product? If unsure, please check: http://hp.care/2oPCMBG
  2. What is the operating system on your PC?
  3. Did you buy genuine HP ink cartridges or are these refilled cartridges?

Alternatively, try a power drain on the printer:

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Thanks, I will watch for your reply!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation