cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mowatt1
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

New wifi can't connect to wireless hp printer

HP Recommended
HP Photosmart Plus B209a-m
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Just got new wifi from Charter (Netgear 6300 wireless router) and now I can't get my HP Photosmart Plus B209a printer to access the network. I've tried everything from updating the HP software to the WPS options, even the PIN option on the router software but nothing will allow the wifi network to see the printer. It used to work great on my old Netgear wifi router through Comcast, but we've moved and want this to work again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The HP Wireless Network Test Report showed FAIL on the Network Name (SSID) Found section.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,370 90,247 11,602 24,885
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try to allow your new Netgear router to broadcast dual bands (2.4GHz and 5.0GHz). Your printer can only see 2.4GHz SSID. I have to do the same for my Netgear 6300 because my home still have many devices using 2.4GHz.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
mowatt1
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi BH, the modem is set to enable both 2.4 and 5.0 GHz.

0 Kudos
Flashheart
5 4 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SOLVED (for a mac anyways)

This worked for me:

1. Delete any previously set up (or attempts to set up) for this printer
  2. Remove the usb cable from the printer if you have one connected
  3. Reset the printer network (this is done through the printer display by selecting reset to network defaults)
  4. Turn ON the wireless radio on the printer (under network)
  5. On your computer go to network display and change the wireless network from whatever you are on...to hpsetup (it should appear as a wifi network) - FOR MAC, you can just go to your wireless symbol at the top, click it and select hpsetup from the list
  6. Go to your mac system preferences and open printers & scanners
  7. Add a printer (by clicking the + button at the bottom of the list) - the HP b209a should appear in the pop up box list, select it, thus adding it to your list on the left pane, closing that pop up
  8. Select it from your printer list and in the main pane, click the options and supplies button, and then click on the Show Printer Webpage
  9. Click on the networking tab > then on the left list select wireless or 802.11in the left pane > start network wizard should be an option in the right pane...start it and change the network from hpsetup to your network (this is where it will ask you for your network password)
  10. Finish (this page may freeze up.  close the browser)
  11. Go back to network display and change the wireless network back to your network.
  12. Try printing something to your printer.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation