Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The answer provided by CherylG worked perfectly for me.

Since it didn't work for other people, it might be that there are multiple issues which manifest in the same way and this solution solves only 1 of them...or it might just be that some people are better at following instructions than others :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

sir please help me here:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/no-battery-is-detected/m-p/5706...

same problem, i have it under extended warranty but i guess batteries are not covered under extended warranties ,right? 

please help me

HP Recommended
hi am having a problem of battery not detected on my HP windows 7 laptop. I need a solution please.
HP Recommended

Hi! @Donp2, Thanks for the post.

I understand that battery is not getting detected on your laptop.

Try few steps recommended below.

To perform a hard reset, follow the steps below.

1. Unplug the AC adapter from the notebook PC and remove the PC from any port replicator or docking station.

2. Remove the battery (in English) from the notebook battery compartment.

3. Press and hold down the power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors.

4. Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook PC.

5. Press the power button to turn on the notebook PC.

6. Use the arrow keys to highlight Start Windows Normally and then press the enter key.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot battery issues: http://hp.care/2eAgNoK

Let me know if this helps!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It worked for me on an Elitebook 8470p running Win 7.

Thanks Chetan 🙂

HP Recommended
New battery, new charger, latest bios, doesn't work.
HP Recommended

this fixed the issue on ProBook 6570b. Thank you 🙂

@CherylG wrote:

1-remove power cord and battery

2-press power button for 30 seconds

3-reinstall only power cord for first startup. In Device Manager, expand the entry for Batteries, right click on the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall .

4-When the uninstall is complete, shut the notebook down, unplug the AC Adapter, re-insert the battery, plug in the AC Adapter and power on the notebook. Windows will automatically reinstall the driver

If all else fails call HP for service>> Contact HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.