Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet GT 5280
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Good day. I have my printer working for a couple of days until yesterday when it was disconnected with the wifi. I tried connecting it back but just doesn't work and the printer is not being detected by my computer. I tried to troubleshoot using the HP Costomer Support (HP Printers - Printer Not FOund During Network Driver Setup) but to no avail. Now i can't re install the software since the printer is not detected by my computer. Help please?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @docsandz,

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Forums. I came across your post and would like to help. I understand that the printer is not being detected by the computer. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you to resolve this issue.

I checked and found that there are no drivers available for Mac OSX 10.12. However, I will give you a workaround using which the printer should be able to print. I suggest you follow these steps to install the inbuilt printer drivers in Mac OSX 10.12 Sierra.

• However, in an Apple update, there are inbuilt print and scan drivers available for this printer model. Please follow the below steps to install the Mac inbuilt printer drivers.
  • Please download the Mac inbuilt drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2flF56z
  • From System Preferences, click on Print & Scan.
  • Click the Plus sign.
  • Select the listed DeskJet 5200.
  • Click the drop-down menu next to Use or Print Using and click on Select Printer Software.
  • Select the DeskJet 5200 from the list.
  • Click OK to confirm your selection and add the printer, then try printing using the configured print queue.

Post performing the above steps, you may try to use the Apple Image capture and test the scanning.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update - Click here

I hope this information helps.

Let me know if you have any questions. Take care! 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After hours of frustration, I pushed the second button to the left on my HP Officejet 4655 Printer.  I got a screen that said "Wi-Fi Direct Details"  Scrollling down, I found an 8 digit Wi-Fi Direct password.  I plugged that password into the DIRECT-44-HP  OfficeJet 4655" Network, and finally the HP Easy Start magically started working.  I found nothing in the support documents that mentioned this!  I had to stumble upon this on my own, after unsuccessfully trying to download the driver software from the Apple site.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.