cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SthrnDixieGrl
Level 4
114 92 1 6
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post

Not Able to Install Drivers On New System

HP Recommended

I tried to install the drivers for a DeskJet F4280 and I receive the following messages:
System Requirement Results
This computer has been checked for the requirements to install this product.
The system does not meet one or more of the minimum requirements needed to install this product. The installation cannot continue. 
Details and Guidance: 
This computer does not have the necessary USB software support to allow completion of a USB Hardware installation.  The installation cannot  continue until this is resolved.

Required Action: Click Cancel to exit this software installation.  In order to install this device as a US8 device, please refer to your computer documentation or USB add-in card documentation for more information about USB drivers.
This system does not meet one or more of the minimum requirements needed to install this product.  The installation cannot continue. 
Requirement Details and Guidance 
This computer does not have the necessary USB hardware support enabled to allow  completion 
of a USB installation. The installation cannot continue Lid rile is resolved.
Required Action: Click Cancel to exit this software installation.  In order to install this as a USB device, please refer to your computer documentation or USB add-in card documentation for more information.  If you are sure your computer has the physical USB connectors, refer to your computer documentation about how to enable USB in the BIOS.
What is the issue and how do I fix it or is this not able to be done with a MacBook Pro using Windows 7 x64.

I tried to install the drivers for a DeskJet F4280 and I receive the following messages:

System Requirement Results
This computer has been checked for the requirements to install this product.
The system does not meet one or more of the minimum requirements needed to install this product. The installation cannot continue. 
Details and Guidance: This computer does not have the necessary USB software support to allow completion of a USB Hardware installation.  The installation cannot  continue until this is resolved. Required Action: Click Cancel to exit this software installation.  In order to install this device as a US8 device, please refer to your computer documentation or USB add-in card documentation for more information about USB drivers.

This system does not meet one or more of the minimum requirements needed to install this product.  The installation cannot continue. 
Requirement Details and Guidance 
This computer does not have the necessary USB hardware support enabled to allow  completion of a USB installation. The installation cannot continue Lid rile is resolved.
Required Action: Click Cancel to exit this software installation.  In order to install this as a USB device, please refer to your computer documentation or USB add-in card documentation for more information.  If you are sure your computer has the physical USB connectors, refer to your computer documentation about how to enable USB in the BIOS.

What is the issue and how do I fix it or is this not able to be done with a MacBook Pro using Windows 7 x64.

HP Pavilion 15t-bc000 CTO Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) (Windows 10 Professional)/HP ENVY TouchSmart m7-j020dx Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) (Windows 8.1)
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
SthrnDixieGrl
Author
Level 4
114 92 1 6
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am still having issues with this

HP Pavilion 15t-bc000 CTO Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) (Windows 10 Professional)/HP ENVY TouchSmart m7-j020dx Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) (Windows 8.1)
0 Kudos
highlandery
Level 1
4 4 0 5
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Check out post number 5 here:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2401742&tstart=0

Extract:

1) Run the HP installation package executable (i.e. OJP8500vA909_full_12_en.exe)
2) When asked to choose the extract directory, make a note of where it is installed. Easiest way would be to tell it to extract to a folder named HP on the Desktop.
3) Navigate to the extracted installation folder (using Desktop\HP in this example)
4) Go to the "Setup" subdirectory (Desktop\HP\Setup)
5) Move, delete or rename the Intel USB System Check utility (usbready.exe)
6) Double click the Setup executable in the main extraction folder (Desktop\HP\Setup.exe)

In my installer I don't get to choose the extract folder but found the file here and renamed it before clicking the USB Check step in the installer:

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Temp\7zS6287\setup

SthrnDixieGrl
Author
Level 4
114 92 1 6
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This actually worked.  I cannot believe that one could be such a huge issue.  That file I deleted before I installed needs an update.

0 Kudos
atmclendon
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just wanted to say thanks for the information provided here. Searched google for the problem I was having and found this solution, worked like a charm.

Hard to believe that HP doesn't seem to care about this problem but oh well, we'll figure it out on our own!

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
OldMaster
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too had this problem installing Scanjet G3110 on a new MSI motherboard using the HP supplied CDROM. I downlaoded the latest software setup_full_G3110_20_0_0_02.exe from http://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-scanjet-g3110-photo-scanner/3723463/model/3723466 dated Sep 10, 2015 - I can't believe this fault is still there.
Neither CD or download gave me the opportunity to choose the location - wait until "Please allow all HP processes" screen appears then delete/move/rename usbready.exe from the temporary install folder e.g. C:\Users\<USER-NAME>\AppData\Local\Temp\7zS7EC8\setup - "7zS7EC8" changes each time. (if retry is pressed the exe file is still in memory and it will fail, if the installation is re-started then the file is replaced and it will fail - must wait for the above screen before deleting)

0 Kudos
Brian_100
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank You,  Worked for me also!  C410a On windows 7

0 Kudos
tamanedalabe
3 3 0 0
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I registered just say THANK YOU! Copied all the files to desktop named HP; deleted USBUtility.exe file; ran setup.exe; FINALLY!! THANKS AGAIN!

0 Kudos
Xenith1988
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I literally registered to say THANK YOU!

Your solution highlandery worked flawlessly. It was almost a joke how smooth it was. I was very skeptical because generally deleting any .exe files generally means that the setup will not continue due to missing essential files, but that is definitely not the case.

We all know USB 3.0 is backwards compatable. So there shouldnt have been any issues installing my old printer... but there was.

A quick google search and didn't yield anything. A little digging and a couple tries at this and that didn't help much, then I accidently stumbled upon this article after having issues with another product. (an old HP scanner)

Now I have both my scanner and printer hooked up and working on my new gaming rig. Talk about NEAT! I am ironically almost more excited about this than I was when I received my new CPU and GFX card.

Thanks again. Really.

0 Kudos
rx7car
6 4 0 0
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A huge THANK YOU to highlandery.  Here we are, 5 years later, and this still hasn't been resolved.  But this worked like a charm where nothing else did.  

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation