Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Fatal_errorm,

If the power went out while you were updating the firmware there is a chance it completely erased what was programmed before getting the new firmware written to the printer. If you are unable to download and run the firmware update from the computer you will then need to call technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Dear,

I sent the printer to  the local support partner, but they can't fixed it.  I think they don't have that musch of experiecne.

But the printer still new and its gurantee is already expired but it never used seinece the time I bought and its completely new and it's just registered and configured on 11-Jully -2013. 

If you can help me, I will follow your instructions and please I don't want to lose that printer and pay a new one.

Best Regards,

HP Recommended

Hi Fatal_errorm,

Unfortunately if you are unable to run the firmware update utility from the computer this indicates that the power failure caused the firmware update to fail in turn causing the failure to boot. There is nothing we can do on the forums to help recover this issue. Below is the contact information you need for both in warranty and out of warranty printers.

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

HP Out of Warranty Support Options for Select HP Consumer Printers

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Really, I don't know what have to do regarding this issue becuase I already went to HP here in Yemen and have no problem to pay but unfortunately they can't do anything whith that issue. I appreciate if you could help me applay any other soltuion may you know to get and recover from this issue.

Thank yo and Best Regards,

HP Recommended

Hi Fatal_errorm,

For the issue you have with the printer firmware failing to finish due to power outage you will need to Call the phone number below.

+971 4 224 9189

1.jpg

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
the error return "fatal error 7" after downloading bar start.
HP Recommended

I am having difficulty upgrading the firmware of my printer.

Model CM1415fnw

Connection Type Wireless/Bonjour

Service ID 21094

FW Version 2010-11-25.

Driver Version HP LaserJet CM1415fnw 1.0

Product Number CE862A

I'm connected via a MacBook running OS X 10.9.2. I have Parallels Desktop 9 installed running Windows XP.

I downloaded and installed the latest driver for my computer.

HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fn color MFP Series Full Software Solution - OS X 10.9 Mavericks2014-01-31 , V...

I downloaded the Mac firmware updaterFile name: CM1410_MFP_Series_FW_Update-20131028.dmg [1/1, 48.86M] Version 20131028. When I try to run the Mac firmware updater,I receive the error message ""HP Firmware Updater" can't be opened. You should eject the disk image." Preferences | Security | Allow apps downloaded from Anywhere. I tried downloading the updater multiple times, in case a download was corrupted. Didn't help.

I downloaded the Windows firmware updater. File name: CM1410_MFP_Series_FW_Update-20131028.exe [1/1, 12.12M] Version 20131028. When I run the Windows firmware updater, the program "HP LaserJet Professional CM1410 MFP Series Firmware Updater 20131028" runs in a window. I am able to select my printer "HP LaserJet CM1415fnw (41D33)". I click the "Send Firmware". The "Progress" bar shows progress to completion. I click "Exit". But nothing happens at the printer side. And the firmware information remains the same.

Instructions all say to select RFU from the CM1415fnw Service menu. But my CM1415fnw doesn't have RFU on the Service menu.

I would appreciate any assistance. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello,

i have problem with CM1415fnw. by mistake a different firmware has been installed from Deskjet 3020.

Now is the display bright and does not work. Is there a way to do something? Or you have to replace the firmware IC? The BGA chip is I think Winbound. Thank you for your answers.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.