Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5660
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to print a photo with my new HP Envy 5660 and I have selected photo paper and color and Ikeep getting a black and white picture printed. I did a print quality diagnostic page that came out fine.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@lbowler21

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the HP printer isn't printing in color,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Is it just the photos from a specific program that doesn't print or it doesn't matter which application is used?

Did you check if the printer works fine as a copier without the need of the computer?

(If it doesn't work as a copier either, it's a hardware failure and you may need to Contact HP for a hardware service)

If it works fine, follow the below steps:

Solution one: Use genuine HP cartridges

HP recommends that you use genuine HP ink or toner supplies. HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP or refilled cartridges. If you do not use genuine HP cartridges, the steps in this document might not resolve the issue. To check the authenticity of your cartridges, go to hp.com/go/anticounterfeit.

Solution two: Allow the printer to rest

Many print quality problems, such as poor black text or issues that occur with newly installed cartridges, clear up with the printer's automatic servicing routine. There is nothing you need to do. The print quality should start improving in a few hours.

• If automatic servicing resolved the issue, you can stop troubleshooting.

• If automatic servicing did not resolve the issue, continue to the next solution.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Keep me posted, 

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers! 

Good Luck. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Still not printing in color

HP Recommended

@lbowler21

Thank you for replying with this overwhelming and detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Did you go through the link I shared earlier?

If yes, could you elaborate on what exactly you've done so far?

Have you checked:

Solution three: Check the paper

Use the following guidelines to make sure that the paper you are using is appropriate for the print job. If it is not, reload the printer with an appropriate paper type.

Solution four: Check the print settings

Check the print settings to make sure that they are appropriate for your print job.

Solution five: Check for ink smears on the back of printouts

If there are smears of ink on the back of your printouts, follow these steps to resolve the issue.

Solution six: Check the estimated ink levels, and then replace any low or empty cartridges

Follow these steps to check the estimated ink levels, and then replace any low or empty cartridges.

Solution seven: Print and evaluate a Print Quality Diagnostic report, and then troubleshoot any defects

Follow these steps to print and evaluate a Print Quality Diagnostic report.

Solution eight: Replace the problem cartridge

Follow these steps to replace the problem cartridge if you saw defects on the Print Quality Diagnostic report and the preceding steps did not resolve the issue, even if the cartridge is not low on ink. The problem cartridge is the one that printed the defects on the Print Quality Diagnostic report as described earlier in this document.

And the last step/solution offered by HP:

Solution nine: Service the printer

Service or replace your HP product if you completed all preceding steps.

To see if your product is still under warranty, go to the warranty check website http://www.support.hp.com/checkwarranty. Contact HP to schedule a repair or replacement. If you are in Asia Pacific or to find a local service center in your area.

(Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty products).

If you've done all if the above, use the below steps to Contact HP:

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number to obtain a case along with the phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.