Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 4 (2,583 Views)

OCR in Windows 7

I downloaded drivers for HP Photosmart c5380 for windows 7 and i cannot find out how can i scan with OCR?
Is this option disabled for windows 7?

Under "scan to file" i cannot find .rtf

Any thoughts?

Thanks

M.

0 Kudos
Student
Message 2 of 4 (2,580 Views)

Re: OCR in Windows 7

Hi M,

Did you discover how to scan with OCR?

Am having the same problem!

Bebbles

ekc Honor Student
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (2,249 Views)

I had the same problem : ocr capability disappeared after switching to Windows 7.  I found this post doing a google on "hp ocr windows 7".  There was no answer posted, but after spending over an hour on the phone w/hp (I had 15 days of warranty coverage left) got the problem solved.  There IS a file to solve this.  However, it did not turn up when I tried to use the HP support page.  In fact, I still can't get to it using the support page.  But in case this information is useful to anyone else who CAN find the right link to it and/or can get HP provide them with the link, the name of the file is:  PS_AIO_05_C309a_Net_Full_Win_enu_140_047.exe

PS - I actually have 32-bit, not 64 bit, but this apparently works fine for both.

good luck!

ekc

Student
Message 4 of 4 (1,899 Views)

I had the same problem with my HP Photosmart C5550 when I switched to Windows 7 in August.  I was able to solve that problem today by searching in HP's website under Customer Service on the file provided by ekc:  PS_AIO_05_C309a_Net_Full_Win_enu_140_047.exe. 

This file was available to download free & I now have the OCR feature working in Windows 7.  Unfortunately, in August, when I contacted HP multiple times, no one could direct me to this file though it looks as if the file has been available since 3/10/10.  Thanks for providing the file name! 

lag

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation