cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1970woodstock
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OJ 7110 Windows 10 offline issue

Officejet 7110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm running WINDOWS 10 64 bit on an ASUS laptop.  I've had this set-up for about 4 years now along with my OJ 7110.  I have the OJ7110 set up for wifi printing and it's worked for years.  Recently I've started to have an issue where Windows 10 thinks the printer is offline.  The HP AO software shows the printer on-line as does if I go right to the printer IP address on a web browser (on my local network).  I run HP Dr and it too sees the printer but WINDOWS 10 doesn't.  This has happened a few times and I've reinstalled the printer software.

Anyone else seeing this problem where W10 doesn't see a printer even though it is on-line and the HP software and web browser can see it?  The printer is NOT hard wired into my docking station so no issues there.  

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,056 21,009 1,766 2,845
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@1970woodstock

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the HP OJ 7110 in Windows 10 is offline,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help you, although, to provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern: 

Did you check if the printer works using the wired internet? since the wireless has these issues!

Have you installed the latest firmware and full feature software for the printer using the Official HP Website?

While I await your response, here's a few things you can do:

HP provides a free tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and resolve printing problems. Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor  to quickly and automatically perform several troubleshooting tasks known to resolve this issue. When this link is clicked, HP Print and Scan Doctor is downloaded using your Internet browser's download capabilities.

1. On the desktop, double-click the HP Print and Scan Doctor icon  to open the tool.

2. Click Start on the Welcome screen.

3. Select your printer, and then click Next.

The Finding and Fixing Problems screen displays.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS AND STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
1970woodstock
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am able to print from other computers in my house.  They too are running windows 10.  However, I did have the issue with 1 of the 3 other machines in the house but a reboot of that machine seems to have fixed the problem.  I will see about updating the firmware on the printer this evening and see if that helps at all.  Tnx

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,056 21,009 1,766 2,845
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@1970woodstock

Thank you for the replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation