Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Printer is only printing half of the text, bottom half is like, cut off. New cartriage..printer 5 mos old. IDEAS????

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello Donna-Kent,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand when you print a document only half of the words on this page. I will do my best to assist you! First, I need to ask you some questions to clarify this issue:

What type of printer do you have? Click here to find out: Model Number.

What is your operating system on your computer? Windows or Mac?

Do you notice this issue occurs from any program you print from your computer?

Please verify this information and I will assist you further. Have a great night! Smiley Happy

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with my HP Deskjet F4480 on Windows XP. 

I'm also having a problem with scanning photos onto the pc. They scan fine but are always saved as a pdf file, which I cannot make any changes to. I would like to be able to open them in paint.net or something to at least change the size, if nothing else.

HP Recommended

I have an HP ENVY 4502 (all in one)....I have Windows PC. Funny thing it prints photos just fine, I use it mainly to print shipping labels as I sell on eBay on a daily bases. This is a new printer and I had just changed the cartiage and did the alingement etc. (1st time)  Printed anothr label and it is ALL missing the top half of each line.   WEIRD...

HP Recommended

Hello tjdeco,

I understand you're receiving the same problem where only half of the words are printing using the Deskjet F4480. I will do my best to assist you! I need to find out what type of programs you're printing from?

Does this only happen from one program on your computer or multiple program(s)?

Please print a self-test report on your printer to make sure all the colors appear on this page:

Press and hold the Power button ( ) and the Cancel button ( ) for 10 seconds. The extended self-test report prints. Should look like this: (This information is stated here.) Please let me know on this post if any colors are missing. 

If you're using the HP software, you only have limited options for the file type. If you would like to use Paint to scan a document, then please follow these steps: (This information is stated here.)

1. Click Start , point to All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Paint .
  2. Click File , and then click From Scanner or Camera .
  3. Make any desired setting changes.
  4. Click Scan.

I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great day! Smiley Happy

Hello Donna-Kent,

First, I need to ask you a couple of questions to clarify this issue:

What type of shipping labels are you using? What size are these labels?

What type of program are you using to print these shipping labels? Please verify this information and I will assist you further. Have a great day! Smiley Happy

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I am using macbook pro and my printer is 1350 series all-in-one.  I have cleaned the printheads and did the aligning and still have streaking in the black and tricolour when printing.

HP Recommended
My problem is that when it scans to print its missing the top of the letters & some of the whole letters. I have a HP Envy 4500. Please help. It just regular copy stuff on regular paper
HP Recommended

HI

Im encountering the same thing with my printer. HP Deskjet 1112 model. Windows 10 here

HP Recommended

Hello, @koko0145

Thanks for reaching out! I'd like to help 🙂

Let's try to clean the print cartridges and check:

1. Load U.S. Letter or A4 size, unused, plain paper into the input tray.

2. Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it not already on.

3. Open or search for the HP folder in your list of installed software programs, click the folder for your printer, and then click the name of your printer.

The HP Printer Assistant software opens.

4. On the HP Printer Assistant window, click Maintain Your Printer.

5. Click the Device Services tab, and then click Clean Ink Cartridges ().

6. Once the cleaning cycle completes, click Print.

A test page prints.

7. Examine the test page.

8. If the print quality is acceptable, click Done. You can stop troubleshooting.

9. If the print quality is unacceptable, click Second-level Clean when prompted to perform the next level of cleaning.

Check http://hp.care/2py853o for additional steps to fix the issue.

Let me know if that helps!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.