Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

OS Mac 10.9

HP Recommended

the Officejet 6600  on my snowleopard....now on the Maverick is not working.

I have downloaded the new printer drivers however no scanning is visible.

HP driver Doctor is useless on the Mac

How do I get the entire software package and drivers to reload on my mac

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 5
199 197 16 41
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Uninstall first the software using HP Uninstaller. Then, Install the software you downloaded from HP. Run the software and follow the on screen instructions. You have to select and check the box on HP Scan when selecting the software to be downloaded on your computer. Add the printer using the HP Utility, make sure that on Add Printer box, under USE the printer is being selected - NOT AIRPRINT. Keep me posted! 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have this same problem with my OfficeJet 8500A Plus printer - the scanner quit working when I upgraded to Mavericks; I followed the instructions for installing the drivers by uninstalling all previous components of the HP print & scan files.  (this also uninstalled the uninstaller, as well as all the associated applications and their icons)

I then went to Apple Software Update, downloaded & installed the new drivers.  I cannot find where these were installed, as no new files appeared in my applications folder, so I don't know if they actually were installed.  I restarted the Mac, just to be sure.  I also still do not have an icon to click for scanning.

So, I returned to the help page (http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03967522 and found instructions for scanning with the driver from Apple Software update.  My latest error messages are:

Option One - from the "printer/scanner" link on system preferences where I am supposed to click on the word "scan" and open the scanner, I cannot find the word "scan" anywhere in the window

Option Two - from Apple Preview where I am supposed to click on "import from scanner" that option is unavailable (grayed out)

Option Three - from Image Capture application, I get the message that no camera or scanner is connected

The scanning capabilities are the only problem I am having.  I am running the printer on my network, wirelessly.  I does just fine with printing and copying.  I don't use the fax function.  But I would very much like to use the scanner!

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation