Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8720
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I have searched and have read similar issues, however everything with a fix/possible fix are Windows related. I have exhausted every possible setting/trick I can think of to solve this issue. I am printing envelopes, using InDesign (also tried Acrobat and Word). As you see below, the return address is cut off on the left. I have 0'd out all margins in page setup, everything looks perfect and align in the print preview, yet the print cuts approx. .375in off. I really need to get these printed asap and I most definitely want to avoid using labels. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

print-example.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@DK2Digital

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you're facing an issue with printing envelopes on your HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Printer on Mac OS 10.12.3. I read that you have tried adjusting the settings and that didn't help. Issue persists while printing from InDesign, Acrobat and Word. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Do other documents print fine or have alignment issues?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

I also, suggest you to go through the steps which have been drafted for Mac OS: http://hp.care/2o6HVSD

I hope this information does the trick. Let me know. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended
Thank you for your response. At this time, I have not experienced alignment issues with anything else. Ultimately, I don't believe it is an alignment issue. It's just not printing the beginning part of the return address. Everything would be aligned if it did actually print the first half of each line.
HP Recommended

@DK2Digital

I agree with you now. However, I would like to know the outcome of the steps from this link: http://hp.care/2o6HVSD

Keep me posted. Cheers!

HP Recommended

Unfortunately I am getting the same result.

HP Recommended

@DK2Digital

Do you have an option to select the correct envelope size, etc?

Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended
The exact envelope size that I was using did not have a selection. I had to go through page setup to do a custom size and zero out the margins, then in print dialogue, select defined by driver, and I tried all the alignment options. None of them worked.

I ended up purchasing return address labels to put in the envelopes instead. But this is still something that gets me. The information is there, everything prints aligned, it just decides not to print the first half of the return address.
HP Recommended

@DK2Digital

I would need additional time to perform further research on this case. I will reply to you once I get a possible fix. It may take a couple of days.

I appreciate your patience in the meantime. Thanks! 🙂

HP Recommended

@DK2Digital

Thank you very much for your patience. 🙂

Could you reply to me with the following information as it will help us get closer to a solution:

• Application Used:
  • Envelope size:
  • Envelope brand:
  • Envelope texture:
  • Margin set:
  • Screenshot of the print preview:

Meanwhile, you may refer to this document which describes how to print envelopes in detail using Word in Mac OS.

Thanks again! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.