Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet MFP M477fdw

The test was unsuccessful. Try again. every time I test the settings. Microsoft support say all the setting er OK. I have tested the same setting on another model and it works. There is no firewall blocking, but still an error. Firmware is updated to the newest from HP website.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

What are the exact settings you use, such as SMTP Server, port, SSL enabled or disabled? with or without a password?

Ehat exact error message is shown when running a test?

I also suggest ensuring that multi-factor authentication is disabled for the configured email user, such security settings may preventthe printer from connecting.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello Expert Support

We selected HP to procured buy printer multifunction M477dw, But work working as we expectation 

We need to scan to email, But not working  with msg: Test was unsuccessful, Try again

I'm using office 365 so smtp is : smtp.office365.com
enable TSL
using Wireless
Disbale TCP/IP V6
Account username and password is fine

I'M VERY TRIED TO FIX, BUT NOT

I THINK THIS FORUM EXPERT OF HP, AND APPRECIATED YOUR HELP

HP Recommended

Who can expert help me!

where is the expert HP Support Team?

HP Recommended

I had the same issues, but I managed to get it working.

The following settings need to be correct:
Default From Address - This gets specified before you go into the server settings. This needs to be the same as the licenced O365 account that you are using to scan with. (JoeBlogs@example.com)

Server name - smtp.office365.com

Port - 587

Authentication Method - Always use these credentials

Username - full O365 username (JoeBlogs@example.com)

Password

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm having a similar issue.  I've setup scan to email for a set of users but 3 of them I'm getting the "Test was unsuccessful. Try again".  I have all the same smtp server settings and the correct smtp authentication credentials as well.  I've verified by logging into web mail as the user and the username and passwords are correct.  Is there a way to get into some low level logging to see exactly what the issue is?  The error message provided by the printer is very generic.  I have all the users setup the same way but only 3 users are having this issue when I run the test.  The others complete fine.  Please advise.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.