Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Office Jet 4630

HP Recommended

HP OfficeJet 4630

2 issues:

1.)  The machine keeps beeping this echo-like submarine sonar beep and it wont stop unless I shut the printer off.  How can we make this continuous beep go away?

2.)  When I go to print, sometimes I have a choice in the print window to print one-sided or double-sided. Other times I do not and I'm forced into printing double-sided which I do not want to.  How do we make this printer print just one-sided all the time.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 4
161 159 7 18
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi There,

1. When your 4630 is beeping are there any lights flashing? There is an option in 'Tools' to switch sound off. On the display panel of your printer select 'Tools' 'Preferences' 'Sound Effects' 'Off'.

2. What operating system are you using? I have included some information on Windows and Mac below. When you are printing and it forces you to print double sided can you access the 'Printer Properties' function?

Please let me know how you get on

Thanks,

Francheska

Print documents (Windows)

1. Load paper in the tray. For more information, see Load media.

2. On the File menu in your software application, click Print.

3. Make sure the printer you want to use is selected.

4. To change settings, click the button that opens the Properties dialog box.

Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties,

Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences.

5. Change the paper orientation on the Layout tab, and paper source, media type,

paper size, and quality settings on the Paper/Quality tab. To print in black and

white, click the Advanced button, and then change the Print in Grayscale option.

NOTE: If you want to print a black and white document using black ink only,

click the Advanced button. From the Print in Grayscale drop-down menu

select Black Ink Only, then click the OK button.

6. Click OK.

7. Click Print or OK to begin printing.

Print documents (Mac OS X)

1. Load paper in the tray. For more information, see Load media.

2. Select a paper size:

a. From the File menu in your software application, click Page Setup.

NOTE: If you do not see a Page Setup menu item, go to step 3.

b. Make sure the printer you want to use is selected in the Format For pop-up

menu.

c. Select the paper size from the Paper Size pop-up menu, and then click OK.

3. From the File menu in your software application, click Print.

4. Make sure the printer you want to use is selected.

5. Select the paper size from the Paper Size pop-up menu (if available).

6. Change the print settings for the option provided in the pop-up menus, as

appropriate for your project.

NOTE: If you do not see any options, click the disclosure triangle next to the

Printer pop-up menu or click Show Details.

7. Click Print to begin printing.

Print brochures

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for response and sorry mine has taken so long as I've been out of town the last week.  I have a Mac.  I read your directions on the double sided printing.  Here is what is NOT coming up on my end.  When I "print" anything BUT from Excel made for Mac I have an option for single side sid or double side.  However, this option does not exist ONLY when I am printing a set of pages from Excel for Mac.  When printing any other document I am given the choice.  For example, I cant print single suded only from a three page excel document I want to print so I saved it as a pdf and then went to the pdf and was given the option to print it as a single side or double side.  I wish I coukld take screen shots and attach them here so youd see just how obvious and frustrating this is.  Under "print" I go to page type, page, header, margins, footer, sheet, scaling, page attributes, page size, orientation, scaling, collated, print from what, etc etc., but nowehere is there the one-sided option when prining only from Excel made for Mac (.xlsm).  Its as if this one single program just sucked my ability away to single side print.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
161 159 7 18
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You may be able to get around this in Excel by choosing to print all the odd pages then all the even pages.

Choose Paper Handling

Choose Odd Only. Print.
Flip the paper
Repeat as above but choosing Even Only

Also check your print driver. Make sure that you have the full driver or see if there is an updated driver available.

Please let me know if this works

Thanks,

Francheska

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation