Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (871 Views)

Office Jet 6500 Wireless not recognizing the black ink cartridge.

My OfficeJet 6500 Wireless won't recognize the black ink cartridge, is this a problem with all the 6500's? Is there a permanent fix for this? My ink cartridge still has ink in it... HELP!

0 Kudos
Tutor
Message 2 of 2 (792 Views)

Re: Office Jet 6500 Wireless not recognizing the black ink cartridge.

I've been struggling with this for a while too, and I am suspicious that HP likes us burning through our color cartridges. 

Thank goodness I finally found the answer. I stole this from another thread:

"I also have the OfficeJet 6500 and had the same problem. The black text was printing using a mix of colored inks instead of the black ink, resulting in a grey, fuzzy text. I finally found a solution. In each application under Page Setup, there is an option called "Format for". Mine had been set to "Any Printer". I changed that to "Officejet 6500 E709n [830E4A]" and now it prints the black just fine. I have a Mac running 10.4.11. Hope this helps."

This worked for me. Just make sure you switch the status on all of your programs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation