Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet 6700 Premium
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My All-In-One Printer gets locked up buffering when I try to copy or fax. The message screen says "Starting Copy" or "Starting Fax" but it never completes the copy or the fax. I have deleted and reinstalled the program and unplugged and restarted a dozen times. The printer is working other than that. I can print from my PC just like always. All my Windows 10 updates are up to date. Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Are you able to use the printer to scan?

If you are not able to scan, copy or fax, it's likely that the printer scanner is defective.

You may be facing the same issue as this user, who has the same printer as you.

Perhaps it's time to consider a new printer?

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Really??? My solution is to consider buying a new printer?? When this one is just 2 1/2 years old?

And then I see on the Forum that another user of the same type HP Printer had the same problem I did on exactly the same day,  Sounds like planned obsolescence to me.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.