Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (288 Views)

Office Jet 8600 Pro gives repeated message of depleted ink after replacement with new ones

My OfficeJet 8600 Pro (n911a?) gives a repeated message of depleted ink levels (Cyan and Yellow) even after I have replaced them with genuine HP 951 ink cartridges. I am certain that I have installed them correctly (I have done this in the past with no problems) and I have turned the machine off and on again several times. I have checked firmware and software updates and it appears that everything is up to date. Any other thoughts?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 5 (283 Views)

Re: Office Jet 8600 Pro gives repeated message of depleted ink after replacement with new ones

I am having this same issue. Is there a possible solution?

Grad Student
Message 3 of 5 (239 Views)

Re: Office Jet 8600 Pro gives repeated message of depleted ink after replacement with new ones

[ Edited ]

Hello hdanderson & TanaN,

Understand that you guys are having the issue with cartridge after replacing it.

Firstly, I would like you to follow this Trouble Shooting Guide.

If this doesn't solve the problem, I would like you to call HP Support.Please refer to the below link to get the support number for your region.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/supportLanding?​cc=us&lc=en

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Bryan

*I am an HP employee.I am speaking for myself and not for HP*
** Please click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it **
***Give Kudos to say "Thanks" by clicking on the thumbs up button under my name***
Honor Student
Message 4 of 5 (224 Views)

Bryan,

Thanks for responding.

I ended up calling HP Support and the representative walked me through a bunch of steps to try to resolve the problem. Unfortunately, my printer has a hardware problem that cannot be resolved. The only solution was to go out and buy a new printer. I guess the operational lifespan of HP printers these days is only 21 months. Dissappointing.

Dave

Honor Student
Message 5 of 5 (220 Views)

The troubleshooting guide did not help. First, I had already tried this. But I did it again. I will call support. But you can bet that if I am told I need to buy parts or a new printer when I have just installed the first new ink cartridges, that it will NOT be an HP printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation