cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SAtsma
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Office Jet 8720 Will not print card stock

HP Recommended
office Jet 8720
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What is the solution to print thicker or card stock paper with this printer ?? 

HP Needs to address this asap - brand new printer ?????  8600 did this pretty flawlessly -  Brand new out of the box,  firmware updated, set paper weight on printer and also in print dialog.   

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,643
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @SAtsma,

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that you are experiencing issues with printing on Card Stock. I will do my best to assist you with this issue.

I have provided the specifications of the limitations of the paper size and weights: Printer Specifications for HP OfficeJet Pro 8700 Printers.

It supports up to 200 g/m2 (110 lb index).

I would try a Generic driver.

From Devices and Printers:

1. Click Add a printer. The Add Printer window opens.

2. Click Add a local printer.

3. Under Manufacturer in the Install the printer driver window, click HP, then Officejet PCL 3 Classic.

4. Then try printing again to see if you have the same results.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. Please let me know the outcome. Have a nice day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
goreilly
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The last suggestion was to set the paper to "thick" on the printer, and also on the printer dialog box. 

I am simply trying to copy something onto card stock.  I set the printer paper to thick, but that is not working. 

Any other suggestions for copying?

0 Kudos
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,692 7,685 427 601
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @goreilly,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to print card stock from your HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Printer.

This issue could occur if the driver settings are not correct.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the links below:

1. Print Driver Settings Guide (Windows)

2. Creating Custom Paper Sizes

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation