cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Kapena
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

OfficeJet 4655 won't wake up

HP Recommended
Officejet 4655
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New 4655 just installed.  I have a LAN (Ethernet) connected pc that will connect to the printer except when it is in a sleep mode (power light on,clear LED screen and a solid blue light).  To start a new job, I have to manually touch the screen to “wake” the printer.  Is this normal?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
13,215 13,163 1,339 3,476
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI,

Thanks for using the forum.

If you're talking about starting a copy job on the printer, touching the screen to wake the printer up is normal.

If you are sending a print job from the PC to the printer, it should automatically wake up to print the job.

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
Kapena
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, but it's not about starting a copy job.  If the printer is "sleeping" , sending a print job won't wake it.  The job is stacked in the print que and a error message appears on the computer monitor stating that there's no coms with the printer and the printer is in error.  I know that the time can be set for sleeping, but I'm wondering if I can adjust the energy star features, power saving or ?

greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, you can set the energy star features, power saving etc.

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
Kapena
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Could you possibly direct me to where I might find the proceedure for modifing the Energy Star functions.  I would like to eleminate the "sleep" mode entirely.  Thanks

0 Kudos
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Unforunately, you can't turn off sleep mode.

The post here might be useful ;

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/Officejet-4630-turn-off-power-save-mode/td-p/5076260

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation