cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Intern
33 32 0 0
Message 11 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OfficeJet 5610 All-in-One no Snow LEopard Drivers

It took a bit of messing around with Snow Leopard to find that Scanning is handled in the OS.  

The newest drivers from Apple do work and you can scan now.  In Preview under File you will see "Import from Scanner."   

0 Kudos
marline Tutor
Tutor
24 20 0 0
Message 12 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Noticed your reply Re: 5610 All In One and although I didn't quite understand the concept of full drivers (or any drivers for that matter), was wondering if you knew whether Snow Leopard supports my Photosmart 2710 All-in-One.  It still prints fine, but no longer scans since I installed the Snow Leopard.  Any suggestions?  Thanks
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
33 32 0 0
Message 13 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you looked in Preview to see if the option is there?  

I didn't think scanning worked until I noticed the option in Preview.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
FatUncleAl Top Student
Top Student
7 7 0 0
Message 14 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Marline, here's something that might work. Plug this into your address bar, select download, and then select OS X. I'm thinking that Once you select OS X, it will indicate compatibility with OS 10.6. I'm not any kind of propeller-head, so don't consider this expert advice. Good Luck.
0 Kudos
FatUncleAl Top Student
Top Student
7 7 0 0
Message 15 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Brain Surgeon here forgot to paste the link into the message. Here it is:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=420428&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

Sorry 'bout that and good luck. 

0 Kudos
marline Tutor
Tutor
24 20 0 0
Message 16 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

FatUncleAl - Thanks for your input.  I've been on the phone with Apple several times already this morning, and on one of these calls, it was suggested that I reinstall Leopard, customizing something beforehand (Printer), and this seemed to have worked.  Am now able to scan.  Yea.   Thanks for your efforts anyway. 
0 Kudos
marline Tutor
Tutor
24 20 0 0
Message 17 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Alfredo for getting back to me.  As I mentioned to someone else's post, I reinstalled the Leopard CD (after being on the phone several times with Apple), clicking on "Customize" and making sure Printer was checked off, and that seems to have solved my problem.   I'm now able to scan.   However, I've noticed that there aren't as many options to change the scan as I used to have when my printer was connected to my other computer, Dell.  Oh well.  There's always a trade off.  
0 Kudos
FatUncleAl Top Student
Top Student
7 7 0 0
Message 18 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Marline, I believe that if you now go from an HP angle, you could get the full functionality back. In any event, I wish you the best with this. I know the frustration you're feeling.
0 Kudos
marline Tutor
Tutor
24 20 0 0
Message 19 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pardon my ignorance, but what is an HP angle?   And how will this help get my full functionality back...Sounds like you've been here too.
0 Kudos
FatUncleAl Top Student
Top Student
7 7 0 0
Message 20 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No ignorance on your part, Marline. I merely meant that you should try to address the issues by downloading the drivers directly from HP rather than from Apple. I can't tell you why, but that seemed to work for me and my HP 5610 multifunction. Check the second message I sent you; it contains a link you can use. If necessary, contact HP directly for help. In any event, I'm sure that between the wizards at Apple and the tech gurus at HP, you'll have full functionality. Again, I'm not a propeller-head, so don't take my suggestions as gospel.Good luck.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation