cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JustinCDavis
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OfficeJet 5610 All-in-One no Snow LEopard Drivers

There is no working 10.6 (Snow Leopard) driver for my HP OfficeJet 5610 All-in-One, as far as I can tell.

HP, please advise.

It is absolutely imperative that I regain my ability to print documents. If HP cannot provide this service I will be forced to buy a printer from a different manufacturer - one that is able to provide me with a functioning device when I upgrade my operating system. 

25 REPLIES 25
jasonsturn
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I need this also!!!  Pls advise HP.
0 Kudos
alfredo_tomato
Level 2
33 32 0 0
Message 3 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's been a real pain.  This is the fifth day without a printer.  I have an event coming up in a few days where I need access to a printer.  I had just bought new ink and paper for this event. I could have bought a new printer for the price of supplies for this one.  I'm on a fixed income, so buying a new printer is an expense I don't need.  
0 Kudos
jlonboard
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem for us with all HP printers and scanners.

For the first time I observe a Vista-like behaviour from Apple and HP.

Worse, even if HP knows the problem and after a week of Snow Leopard distribution in stores, the list of compatible printers provided by HP is not updated and says that most printers are working, which is NOT TRUE.

A bug is acceptable, not that.We cannot work without printers, then we are considering to go back to Leopard for some computers to solve the problem... But is it riskless?

0 Kudos
Applefrien
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

And the silence from HP and Apple is just so heart-warming. 😞  Yes, I expect this from other vendors -- not these companies. 😞
0 Kudos
alfredo_tomato
Level 2
33 32 0 0
Message 6 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm ready to give up on HP and go with another brand.  I'd feel better if they gave a definitive answer yea or nay on providing drivers for my two year old printer.  

Apple isn't under any obligation to support any third party hardware.  

0 Kudos
amaloney
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too am astounded at the arrogance of HP with its lack of support for its products.

I have an OfficeJet 5610 and a DeskJet 970cse, both of which were working well under Leopard.

Now, the OfficeJet does not function and the DeskJet is crippled (ror instance - it does not do duplex printing with the Gutenprint driver)

To discard these recently functioning machines is (1) an unacceptable cost to me, and (2) environmentally unfriendly.

If HP does not resolve this soon, I will never purchase or use an HP product again.

0 Kudos
alfredo_tomato
Level 2
33 32 0 0
Message 8 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found a fix for printing, but no scanner.  

Uninstall all HP software, then restart.  Not sure if restarting is important, but why not.   Go to the OSX download page on the HP site and download the newest drivers for the 5610.  Go to print and fax and select the one without the FAX at the end.  Make it the default by right clicking on the printer icon in the window.  That should to it.  If that doesn't work, a glass of gin should help.  

0 Kudos
FatUncleAl
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 9 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's what I thought, too. Especially after being on the phone for about 20 minutes with an Apple wizard and after an initial unsuccessful attempt to find a solution on the HP site. I just did find my solution - it involved downloading the drivers. I wish I could remember my exact path, but here is the URL from which I was able to get what I needed:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=441125&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&tmp_track_link=ot_we/prodlink/en_us/441125/loc:0&cc=us

Good Luck. 

0 Kudos
FireWarrior
Level 3
60 60 4 6
Message 10 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To All: I see many of the posts here are a bit dated but for any still having trouble. The 5610 does have full drivers. They were given to Apple and so they were listed as on the CD. Apple had a selection of drivers though that were missed form the CD. The 5610 was unfortunately one of these units but the missed drivers were released through your Apple udpates with 10.6.1.

Further to that, HP has also be releasing direct downloads for the updated 10.6 printer utilities. This can be downloaded from here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-75101-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

Just ensure that if you had any 10.5 software carried over from your update to 10.6 that you run the HP uninstaller before downloading this file.

I do work for HP printer support, but as normal, any advice or opinions given are my own.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation