cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
milanmajkic
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 14
Flag Post

OfficeJet 7000 PaperJam

HP Recommended

When we first buy this machine, first paper TEST jammed, then we replaced it and still have problems with jamming paper. Os-es are Win Xp and Win 7, Printing software is Word 2007 and MS Project 2007

Help or can we replaced it with some machine that dont jam paper  ???

tnx

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
b_orland
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have same problem.  New machine, prints A4 fine, jams every time on A3.  Self-test works fine on A4, does nothing on A3.  I'm is E. Africa -- high humidity.  Is that the problem?

0 Kudos
sargen7
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We are experiencing exactly the same problem.    For example, we tried to print from Autocad an A3 borderless and it repeatedly mis-fed and jammed causing the top inch or so to concertina.  We used 'Best Photo' setting and we used 80g plain white A3 paper.  It jammed.  However, we resolved this by using a heavier paper 100g with exactly the same settings and it prints fine.  I would be interested to hear from others if this works for them also.

I tried ringing HP tech support, although the operator was very polite once I mentioned we were trying to print from Autocad he stated that HP do not support Autocad.  Eventhough I knew it must be a setting within the HP setup or a faulty printer.

0 Kudos
kevin_techno
Level 4
112 112 2 5
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Check the following Steps :

Press the "Off" button on the printer and turn it around so that the back of the printer is facing you. Unplug the power cord from the back of the unit. This will allow the feed rollers to turn more easily as you clear the paper jam.

Open the access door on the back of the printer. Turn the handle counter-clockwise to remove the door and pull the door off towards you.

Remove the paper that you see in the rollers. Sometimes a piece of paper may be stuck in the front part of the rollers. Look inside the front of the printer and remove the piece that got stuck and could not be reached in the back.

Inspect the inside of the printer and remove any paper pieces that may have fallen to the bottom of the printer. Check the rollers to make sure that they are clean. At this time, wipe the rollers with a damp, lint-free cloth if they appear dirty.

Replace the cover and plug the power cord back into the back of the printer. Turn the printer on and it will be ready to print again.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-printing-questions/Paper-Jam-Error/m-p/305772#M20513
aitmltd
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We had a paper jam problem today on a BRAND NEW HP OfficeJet 7000 - and yes this was to do with paper quality. We cleared the Paper Jam status by restarting the print spooler, and recommend 100gsm paper:

Please see this link for further details:

Paper Jam HP OfficeJet 7000

0 Kudos
Tafa
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bought an Hp Office Jet 7000 today & am having same trouble as everybody else. Guess the heavier paper solution will work (using the 100g) as have been posed by some users but i tried not to push the papers fully inside the feeder & not to load much paper in. Just put the papers as it touches the white thing above in the feeder tray (i.e. the paper sensor). Now papers (A3) does not jam!!! Its a lot of trouble using dat printer especially its brand new. Not to mention how noisy it is & how the noise keeps going on before it rests.

0 Kudos
ftelf
4 4 0 0
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have problems with paper jams too. I'm quite worried that this is a feature, not a bug to be solved by warranty claim. Also, every A3 paper is bended to "Z" shape at the start. Does anybody has the same problem ? It is extremely irritating, since this should be business printer, not a cheap home toy.

0 Kudos
grilf
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is my second Officejet 7000. I printed envelopes all day long with the last one with NO ISSUES EVER (which apparently is rare based on my internet research). I had to replace the original printer because a tiny piece of plastic broke while trying to clear a paper jam which caused the whole thing not to function. 

Anyway, this one is about 6 months old and was functioning perfectly. The first time I try to print an evelope it jams. Doesn't jam persay, it feeds the envelope about halfway and then the feeders start squealing as if it can't push the envelope through any more. The paper isn't wrinkled or anything. These are the SAME envelopes I printed on with the last printer. After about an hour I have managed to print on 3 envelopes.

I am extremely dissatisfied.

0 Kudos
kiganda
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have the same problem where the printer loads A3 paper half way and then it makes sound as if the roller  cannot feed the paper for printing. but when i feed A4 paper back, the printer seemlessly starts printing again.

i think the problem could be associated with the paper weight. i should try and change the weight of the A3 paper that i'm using so that i can test and see if it works. anyway i know ma problem is recent but if someone has got a solution that doesnot need me to change the paper weight then could help with that problem because this is very flustrating.

kiganda

0 Kudos
grilf
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would be inclined to try a different weight (heavier) envelope for troubleshooting, but I flawlessly printed return addresses on 1000 identical envelopes with my last Officejet 7000. This new one (identical model) has massive amounts of problems with the SAME ENVELOPES.

Tech support had me use an aerosol duster through the back panel which helped a bit, but it still fails to feed the envelopes through very very frequently.

I am using #10 envelopes.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation