cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
oldstealth
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OfficeJet 7410

Paper jam message. Check for jams & hit OK.  Will feed 2 sheets of paper and give same message.

Is there a sensor or switch that could be jammed? If so where to look?

oldstealth

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
oldstealth
3 1 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OfficeJet 7410

I guess no one knows where the sensors or paper jam switch is located in this printer!!
0 Kudos
yikes
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OfficeJet 7410

I've had the same problem off and on for several months.  I get a paper jam message, I hit "ok," and two sheets of paper go right through.  Doesn't matter if I take the duplexer off -- it behaves the same way.  Sometimes if I wiggle the cartridges around, the error will go away, but not always.  Sometimes I find that it will sort itself out after sending 30 or more sheets of paper through.

I have to think that if there's a real paper jam, paper wouldn't go through the printer.

I've turned the printer off, I've unplugged it, I've done both kinds of resets, and it continues this way. 

Any ideas? It's making me crazy, and I'm ready to abandon HP altogether and go to Canon.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Level 16
Level 16
32,740 26,113 2,386 8,115
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OfficeJet 7410

yikes wrote:

I've had the same problem off and on for several months.  I get a paper jam message, I hit "ok," and two sheets of paper go right through.  Doesn't matter if I take the duplexer off -- it behaves the same way.  Sometimes if I wiggle the cartridges around, the error will go away, but not always.  Sometimes I find that it will sort itself out after sending 30 or more sheets of paper through.

I have to think that if there's a real paper jam, paper wouldn't go through the printer.

I've turned the printer off, I've unplugged it, I've done both kinds of resets, and it continues this way.

Try cleaning the feed rollers as shown here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
yikes
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OfficeJet 7410

Hi, Bob.  Thanks for your response.  I've already cleaned the paper rollers, and I still get the same message whenever I print.  If I let it feed continuously for several minutes, it stops--until the next time.

Now I'm getting the added bonus of a carriage jam error.  I can move the carriage with no obstruction.  I've replaced the ink cartridges.  The cartridge holders are not broken.  There's no bent tab.  

0 Kudos
Level 16
Level 16
32,740 26,113 2,386 8,115
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OfficeJet 7410

yikes wrote:
Now I'm getting the added bonus of a carriage jam error.  I can move the carriage with no obstruction.  I've replaced the ink cartridges.  The cartridge holders are not broken.  There's no bent tab.  

Other than cleaning all the rollers (including the forward ones that are a bit harder to get to I do not have more ideas for the paper feed issues.

For the false carriage jam you can clean the encoder strip as shown here.  Be sure to heed the causions, the encoder strip is fragile and can be damaged with improper treatment.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation