cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Marcus301
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

OfficeJet 7500A Won't Scan; Tried Everything

HP Recommended
Officejet 7500A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Alright, I've spent the past few hours googling and trying everything I could find to try and help. To summarize it, I have the most recent software on the computer, the software says that the computer scanner has been activated (although it deactives whenever I try to scan). I have also run the print and scan doctor, and it finds the printer, communicates, and tells me that everything is 100% ok. When I click test scan, it runs the scan software, and when I try to scan a document, it tells me "An error occurred while scanning".

I have disabled all of my applications, restarted the modem, router, computer, I've changed from a wired to a wireless connection (and back to a wired), uninstalled and reinstalled the software. You name it, I have tried it during the past two hours. I am still at a loss, however. Any help that someone can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Marcus

2 REPLIES 2
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 830 1,539
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Marcus301

I would like to take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. I understand that you have an HP Officejet 7500A printer and it does not scan. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I recommend you to perform the below steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a solution: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

Now please try to make a copy from the printer and check. If the copy is successful then you may download and install the HP Scan and Capture app and use it to scan.

Feel free to let me know the results. I'm always here to support. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
westom
Level 3
33 32 1 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You did not state if a scan was being initiated by a computer or by the scanner's front panel.  Withholding details means informed replies are not possible.

You did not state how the two communicate - by ethernet, USB, wireless?  Again without such details, the better informed will not reply.

You must detail every step in the 'attempted scan' process.  Does not matter if it is the latest software.  State specifically what software and what version number.  Details are essential.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation