Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue and have followed the steps you've listed:

- uninstalled drivers

- removed printer from devices

- uninstalled all HP software

- restarted

- removed the printer from the print server properties

- restarted

- downloaded the software

- installed software

- tried to print borderless on plain paper and recieved this error:

7 - restarted computer and still won't print borderless.PNG

What is the next step for trying to fix this?

HP Recommended

I'm beginning to lose the will to go on with this!!!!  Did you bother to read the post I made previously where I said,

"I've installed OJ7740__Full_WebPack_1976.exe onto another Windows 10 x64 PC which has not had the 7740 driver installed before."

Why are you still going on about re-installing the printer driver?  It's clearly a printer software/firmware issue!!  

The software does NOT allow the user to select A3 Plain Paper Borderless.  This is an error in the software/firmware.

Please test what we've all reported and escalate it back up to the development team.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi Rainbow23,

Stiricide seems to have done what you asked us to do and yet still gets the same problem.

I daren't change anything on my system just at the moment because we have a trustees' board meeting tomorrow and I have a lot of A3 stuff to get printed out to walk them through our planned exhibition. So I will hold off doing anything new until that's all over just in case things get worse.

However, meanwhile, could you answer the question I posed - have you actually tried the combination of Plain Paper A3 and borderless on an Officejet Pro 7740 yourself personally and seen that it works?

Please, please, please try this and let us know that it does work to give us some hope before we all feel the urge to give up.

Thanks.

Now I am going back to trimming a dozen A3s which printed with a border - but were supposed to join up seamlessly...

HP Recommended

Hi @rgspaces,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that printer does not print A3 borderless from Tray 2.

As per the printer specifications, the custom sizes (other than A4) are printed only from tray1.

You may check the printer specifications from the link: Printer Specifications

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I tried printing borderless on plain paper on A4 from tray 1, it gives the same error.  Currently, my printer cannot print borderless on any paper other than photo, regardless of tray or paper size chosen.

On a side note, I don't actually see this specification of it being only of tray 1 in the link?  All I see is:

Borderless Printing: Yes (up to A3/11 x 17-in)

HP Recommended

Hi @stiricide,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue has not resolved after following the steps mentioned in the previous interaction.

This could be a hardware issue with the unit.

Hence, please contact HP Phone Support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Rainbow23,

please please please stop sending us complete rubbish.

In your latest reply to me you state:

"As per the printer specifications, the custom sizes (other than A4) are printed only from tray1."

This is absolutely untrue. I am printing A3 from Tray 2 OK - it's just borderless on plain paper that doesn't work.

You appear not to have the first idea how to read a specification, or I may say the logical and absolutely correct statements that you are getting from the three of us who are corresponding on this.

Get someone who can follow instructions to take this problem on and then ask them to do exactly this:

Forget about A3, forget about Tray 2 - as Stiricide has very sensibly tried and told you - A4 Main Tray only for now.

Take a sheet of A4, set Tray 1 up for A4.

Go into something simple, say Word on Windows.

Go to Print, select the Officejet Pro 7740

Go to Prnter Properties

Select Plain Paper in Paper/Quality

in Advanced select Borderless ON

Select OK

If you have the same difficulty as the 3 of us you will get a conflict. DO YOU SEE THIS - this was my original query.

If you go to select paper type you will notice that several types appear (photo etc) and none of them will have a yellow warning triangle beside them apart from those which state they are 'plain' paper.

If you go back to Advanced and unset Borderless and list the papertypes again you will find that none of them has the yellow warnng triangle anymore.

Please, please, please, please get someone to try this as you appear not to have been able to try it yourself for the last few days and have instead sent us rubbish and misreadings of the specification.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi @rgspaces,

Thank you for your reply.

We will research on this issue and get back to you in a few days.

I appreciate your time and patience.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I was wondering how the research into the issue is going? I contacted support and they weren't able to fix the issue.

HP Recommended

Hi @stiricide,

Thank you for your reply, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.