cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
beckinc
Level 1
7 3 1 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

OfficeJet 8600 N911g will not copy from scan bed

HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8600 N911g
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

My ScanJet Pro 8600 N911g All-In-One printer will no longer copy from the scan bed.  It tries to input the document to be copied through the Automatic Document Feeder, even though the scanner cover is open.  This is a new problem; I have been copying book pages from the scanner bed for a number of years with no problem.  This function has just stopped working.

With the document feeder lid completely open, it trys to input the document through the ADF.  It fails and a "Paper Jam" error message is displayed:  "The Original is Jammed in the Automatic Document Feeder. Open the ADF cover, remove and reload the orignal and try again."

I have tried disconnecting the power cord from the printer, draining the power, and then disconnecting and reconnecting the power cord plug.  I have also tried to update the firmware, but received a message indicating that there is no further update available (implying that it is up to date).

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance,

Beckinc

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation