cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Brindy17
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

OfficeJet CM1415 Scanning Problems

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have PERPETUAL probelms with the computer scanning software for this printer.  I install it the All-In-One software, set it up, and it works fine...until the computer is restarted and then it doesn't work.  I press the scan icon, and nothing happens for 1+ minutes then the scanning diaglogue box comes up but it will not scan.

My solution is to reinstall the software, which works...until the next time I reboot the computer!

I ran the HP Print and Scan Dr program, and it told me there was a problem and to reinstall the All-In-One software, which simply perpetuates the problem.

Can anyone recommend a solution for me?  I love this printer in all other ways, but this is beyond annoying!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
SuperMario1
Retired
Retired
5,085 6,034 326 1,048
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Brindy17. I understand that the printer's scanning capabilities have diminished. If you uninstall and reinstall the software, it will work until the computer restarts. This occurs when software, on the computer, messes up the printer software. Some anti-virus, firewall programs do this. Many more Registry cleaning and editing software programs do this, as well. Occasionally, this can be caused by a virus

As an experiment, please uninstall the printer software. Then, create another user account on this computer, preferably an Administrator account. Once the account is created, install the printer software on this computer. After it installs successfully, restart the computer and attempt to scan on the new account. Please observe whether or not it is successful.

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation