cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MurphyAgent Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OfficeJet Pro 8500A - Scanner Failure

I have an error for scanner failure and can not resolve. I have tried repeatedly turning on/off which is the only suggestion I receive. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Associate Professor Associate Professor
Associate Professor
876 767 57 340
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

We need more details from you

Is your printer connected via network, if yes, you may try the websca : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbWpgww5I-M

2. Are other features like print/fax works?

3. Your Operatiing system, Win 7, XP...

4. Exact steps to reproduce your issue

Looking forward to help you

Thanks

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MurphyAgent Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is a wireless connection personal computer.

2. Nothing works

3. Win 7

4. Issue occurs whether I click on print icon or menu-driven.

I sure hope it can be resolved; thank you for your assistance.

0 Kudos
Thejandys Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am getting the same error message on my HP Officejet 8500A Plus running Windows 8 with both a USB link and wireless for other devices.  The message is on the printers LCD screen, "Scanner Failure  -  Unable to scan, copy or send a fax.  Turn the power off and on, and then try again." 

Turning the printer on and off is difficult as it just seems to lock on the "shutting down"  and requires removing the power plug and then when restarting it spends ages checking the printer and cleaning the printheads which does not fix the problem.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation