cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OfficeJet Pro 8600 Paper crimping

Greetings,

I am having trouble with our OfficeJet Pro 8600 crimping the paper it is printing on. The paper that is feeding into it is flat and straight. The crimping occurs about 1/4 of the way down the page (as it is coming out of the printer) and carries across the whole sheet from side to side. The crimping doesn't seem to be causing a misalignment issue so to me it would seem that the crimping occurs before the paper is being printed on. 

Any thoughts on how to fix?

Best,

P

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,122 2,806 126 324
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello pleistocene,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

With the crimpling of the paper, I have included the document 'Printer Paper Tears, Wrinkles, or is Damaged while Printing from the All-in-One'. Please follow through the steps as they are listed in the document, for the best results.

Please let me know the outcome of the troubleshooting.

Thank you Smiley Happy

I worked on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same problem, the paper was coming out of the printer with a crimp across the whole page about two inches down from the top.  After trying all the fixes mentiond and finding nothing wrong with the printer I finally went in and deleted the printer from my system and reinstalled the printer driver, surprisingly that solved the issue.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation